What is Belviq for weight loss?
BELVIQ was approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration about a year ago on June 27, 2012 to be used along with a reduced-calorie diet and increased physical activity for chronic weight management in adults who have a body mass index (BMI) of 30 kg/m2 or greater (obese), or BMI of 27 kg/m2 or greater (overweight) with at least one weight-related medical condition such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, or type 2 diabetes.
“BELVIQ is a new treatment option for the medical management of patients who are obese and who have not been able to sustain long-term weight loss by altering their diets or increasing exercise alone,” said Lonnel Coats, President and Chief Executive Officer, Eisai Inc. “Eisai is committed to making BELVIQ available to appropriate patients as part of our human health care corporate mission of keeping patients’ medical needs at the forefront of all that we do.”
BELVIQ is a schedule IV
FDA approved drug is be available in U.S. pharmacies only with a prescription. Patients are cautioned not to buy BELVIQ from parties offering BELVIQ without a valid prescription from their doctor. Eisai will market and distribute BELVIQ in the United States and Arena Pharmaceuticals will manufacture and supply the finished commercial product from its facility in Switzerland.
“BELVIQ provides appropriate patients with a new treatment option that along with diet and exercise can help them lose weight and keep the weight off,” said Ken Fujioka, M.D., Director of the Center for Weight Management at the Scripps Clinic. “Obesity needs to be recognized and treated as a chronic disease.
Does Belviq work for weight loss?
Although individual results may vary, Belviq has been shown to be an effective tool in fighting obesity and help in weight loss.
In the FDA clinical trials, people who added BELVIQ® to low calorie diet and exercise program were able to lose weight and improve health risk factors, such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes o high blood sugar.
What are the results of Belviq weight loss studies?
BELVIQ® for weight loss was tested in two major clinical studies, one lasting a year (4,008 people) and one lasting2 years (3,182 people).*
The combined results of these two Belviq weight loss studies showed that:
- Approximately half of people (47.1%) taking BELVIQ® lost 5% or more of their weight after 1 year of treatment, compared with those using diet and exercise alone (22.6%)
- About 22.4% lost as much as 10% of their body weight after 1 year of treatment, compared with those using diet and exercise alone (8.7%)
The Belviq weight loss studies also showed that taking BELVIQ with diet and exercise had significant improvements in their blood pressure and cholesterol levels, compared to those using diet and exercise alone.
What is not known about Belviq?
It is not known if BELVIQ changes your risk of heart problems, stroke, or death due to heart problems or stroke.
Is Belviq right for me to lose weight?
It is a question a trained weight loss physician such as the W8MD medical weight loss centers physician might be able to answer based on your individual situation.
Belviq results over 2 years!
In a major clinical trial, people taking BELVIQ for weight loss were able to lose weight and maintain weight loss up to 2 years. In the 2-year Belviq weight loss study, almost half of people who completed the first year continued on in year 2. All people regained weight but remained below their starting weight.
Belviq and diabetes – what are the results?
BELVIQ® helps overweight people with type 2 diabetes lose weight in addition to a low calorie diet and exercise program — BELVIQ was also tested in a study involving 604* overweight men & women with type 2 diabetes. Results of this Belviq study weight loss showed that more than a third of people taking BELVIQ with diet and exercise (37.5%) lost 5% or more of their body weight, compared with those using diet and exercise alone (16.1%). In the same study, the BELVIQ group showed significant improvements in blood sugar levels, compared with those using diet and exercise alone.
*Nearly half of all participants completed the Belviq weight loss studies in overweight patients without diabetes; nearly two-thirds of the participants completed the study in overweight patients with diabetes.
How can W8MD Medical Weight Loss Centers Of America Help?
W8MD Medical Weight Loss Centers Of America will offer any evidence based obesity treatment measure that might be appropriate for individual patients including Belviq, Qsymia, Phentermine, Topiramate, and other weight loss medications in combination with its popular 800 calorie VLCD (Very Low Calorie Diet) and 1000-1400 calorie LCD Diet under the careful supervision of our Obesity Medicine trained weight loss physicians.
Locations where you can consult with a weight loss doctor for Belviq or Qsymia
- NYC Weight Loss Center: 2003 Bath Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11214, USA Phone: 1-718-946-5500
- Philadelphia Weight Loss Center: 1718 Welsh Road, Philadelphia, PA 19115, USA Ph: 1-215-676-2334
- New Jersey Weight LossW8MD medical weight loss program at Vida Sleep Center of Dr. Felix Roque’s office at 543, 45th Street, Union City, New Jersey. 543 45th St, Union City, NJ 07087. (201)766-6469.
- King Of Prussia Weight Loss Center: 987 Old Eagle School Rd, Wayne, PA, 19087 Ph: 1-800-986-3007
What do our patients say abour W8MD medical weight loss center doctors?
“Dr. Tumpati takes his time with you to explain everything, very thorough” – Carolann Z.
- Specialties: Belviq doctors, NYC Belviq doctor, Philadelphia Belviq doctor, New Jersey Belviq doctor, Weight Loss Service, Weight Loss Diet Pills, Best weight loss doctor
Counties Served: Chester, Philadelphia, Bucks, Montgomery, Hudson County, Burlington, Kings, Richmond, Queens, Manhattan, Bronx
- W8MD’s Blog on Belviq Lorcaserin weight loss medication (belviq.wordpress.com)
- Cost of Belviq Lorcaserin for weight loss (belviq.wordpress.com)
- Phentermine and Topiramate for weight loss – review by W8MD (phenterminetopiramate.wordpress.com)
- Weight loss medications and supplements (freeweightlossdoctor.wordpress.com)
Locations for W8MD Belviq Weight Loss Doctors