- Are you overweight or obese trying to lose weight and need help?
- Do you need the help of a new FDA approved prescription weight loss medication to suppress hunger called Belviq?
- Are you looking for a Belviq weight loss Doctor that is familiar with Belviq and the other prescription diet pills?
- Are you wondering which is the most effective prescription diet pill?
- Do you want to save on the cost of Belviq using a coupon?
- Are you interested in a free two week trial of Belviq and need a weight loss physician that can prescribe Belviq when medically appropriate?
- Do you live near one of the W8MD Medical Weight Loss Centers of America’s insurance physician weight loss centers?
- Are you looking for a weight loss center that accepts most health insurances for weight loss physician visits?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, you are at the right place!
The new weight loss, Belviq(Lorcaserin) was approved by the US FDA in June of 2012 for overweight or obese adults with a body mass index (BMI) of 30 or greater (obese), or adults with a BMI of 27 or greater (overweight) and who have at least one weight-related condition such as high blood pressure (hypertension), type 2 diabetes, or high cholesterol (dyslipidemia).
Belviq is to be used responsibly in combination with a reduced calorie diet and lifestyle changes.
How does Belviq work?
Belviq works by activating the serotonin 2C receptor in the brain. Activation of this receptor may help a person eat less and feel full after eating smaller amounts of food.
How effective is Belviq?
The safety and efficacy of Belviq were evaluated in three randomized, placebo-controlled trials that included nearly 8,000 obese and overweight patients, with and without type 2 diabetes, treated for 52 to 104 weeks. All participants received lifestyle modification that consisted of a reduced calorie diet and exercise counseling. Compared with placebo, treatment with Belviq for up to one year was associated with average weight loss ranging from 3 percent to 3.7 percent.
Belviq in people with diabetes
About 47 percent of patients without type 2 diabetes lost at least 5 percent of their body weight compared with about 23 percent of patients treated with placebo.
In people with type 2 diabetes, about 38 percent of patients treated with Belviq and 16 percent treated with placebo lost at least 5 percent of their body weight. Belviq treatment was associated with favorable changes in glycemic control in those with type 2 diabetes.
When should stop Belviq?
The approved labeling for Belviq recommends that the drug be discontinued in patients who fail to lose 5 percent of their body weight after 12 weeks of treatment, as these patients are unlikely to achieve clinically meaningful weight loss with continued treatment.
Is Belviq safe on the heart valves?
Although a previously withdrawn weight loss medication called Fenfluramine (the 2nd component in Phen-Fen) affects the same Serotonin reception, since Belviq is more specific on the Serotonin 2 C receptor with minimal activity on 2 B receptor(this reception activation is what caused the Fenfluramine to lead to heart valve issues), When used at the approved dose of 10 milligrams twice a day, Belviq does not appear to activate the serotonin 2B receptor.
Side effects of Belviq:
The most common side effects of Belviq in non-diabetic patients are headache, dizziness, fatigue, nausea, dry mouth, and constipation, and in diabetic patients are low blood sugar (hypoglycemia), headache, back pain, cough, and fatigue.
Who manufactures Belviq?
Belviq is manufactured by Arena Pharmaceuticals GmbH of Zofingen, Switzerland, and distributed by Eisai Inc. of Woodcliff Lake, N.J.
How can W8MD Medical Weight Loss Centers of America help?
Our weight loss physicians are very familiar with Belviq and can discuss if Belviq is right for you.
Some of the questions that can be answered by our W8MD weight loss physicians:
- What is Belviq?
- What is Belviq approved for?
- Who can take Belviq?
- What are the side effects of Belviq?
- Is Belviq safe to take for me?
- How long can one take Belviq?
- Can Belviq be taken together with other weight loss medications?
- What is the cost of Belviq?
- Where can I get the free two week trial of Belviq?
- How about the coupon / savings card for Belviq?
- Can Belviq be taken for weight maintenance?
Locations for W8MD’s Belviq Weight Loss Doctors
OUR BIGGEST LOSER LOST 147 lbs* SO FAR!