Belviq is indicated for overweight people with a BMI of 27 and at least one obesity related comorbidities or obese with a body mass index of 30 or above. Belviq is indicated as an adjunct to a reduced-calorie diet and increased physical activity not only for acute but also for chronic weight management in adult patients.
Is Belviq safe for losing weight?
Approved in June 2012, Belviq is a relatively safe, prescription weight loss medication. One of the concerns for many weight loss medications is whether they are safe on the cardiovascular system.
Is Belviq safe for the heart or cardiovascular system?
To evaluate the cardiovascular safety of Belviq, a large study was conducted and the outcome of that showed not only that Belviq was cardiovascular safe, but also that it might be better for the heart.
Here are the highlights of the study
CAMELLIA-TIMI 61 is done to assess cardiovascular safety for a weight loss agent.
– Improvements in several cardiovascular and metabolic risk factors, including blood pressure, lipids and glucose were noted.
– BELVIQ more than tripled the odds of achieving at least a 5% or 10% loss in weight at one year, compared to placebo, and weight loss was sustained for more than three years.
The take home point of this landmark study is that Belviq is not only safe on the cardiovascular system, but it also slowed down the progression to diabetes which in itself has major cardiovascular benefits given the effect of diabetes on this system.
How can our experienced obesity medicine physicians or Belviq Doctors help?
If you are considering whether Belviq might be a good fit for your weight loss, you may want to consult with one of the W8MD weight loss center’s physicians.
Is Belviq right for me for weight loss?
Our weight loss physicians are Bariatrics trained, experienced and can discuss if Belviq is the right choice for you. Learn more about our weight loss physicians.
W8MD weight loss locations to consult with a physician that can prescribe Belviq for you if it was the right choice for you.
W8MD’s Belviq Doctors
Some of the questions to ask the weight loss doctor at the time of consultation for Belviq:
- What is belviq and how does it work?
- What is the average cost of belviq?
- Why is belviq a controlled substance?
- Does belviq make you feel high?
- How much does belviq cost at Walgreens?
- Does Medicare cover belviq?
- Is belviq used for depression?
- Will my insurance cover belviq?
- Do I need a prescription for belviq?
- Is belviq a good diet pill?
- How many times a day do you take belviq?
- Is belviq a stimulant?
- When should you take belviq?
- Is belviq an antidepressant?
- Does belviq have phentermine in it?
How can W8MD weight loss centers help?
W8MD’s insurance physician weight loss program is unique in many ways with a comprehensive multidisciplinary approach to weight loss that addresses all the complex issues leading to weight gain, both in adults and children. Since its inception in 2011, W8MD has successfully helped thousands of patients succeed in not only losing weight but also keep it off with an ongoing maintenance plan.