The FDA approved Belviq about a year ago in June of 2012 for weight loss. However, the medication has just been available, almost a year after it was first approved.
Learn more about belviq
What is Belviq / Lorcaserin for weight loss?
Lorcaserin (trade name Belviq) is a new FDA approved weight loss medication.
Mechanism of Action of Belviq / Lorcaserin
It has serotonergic properties and acts as an anorectic.
History of Belviq/Lorcaserin
On 22 December 2009 a New Drug Application, also called NDA, was submitted to the FDA in the US.
On 16 September 2010, an FDA advisory panel voted to recommend against approval of the drug based on concerns over both safety and efficacy.
In October 2010, the FDA stated that it could not approve the application for lorcaserin in its present form. On 10 May 2012, after a new round of studies submitted by Arena, an FDA panel voted to recommend lorcaserin with certain restrictions and patient monitoring.
Indications for use of Lorcaserin / Belviq
The indications include patients with a body mass index (BMI) of over 30, or with a BMI over 27 and a comorbidity like high blood pressure or type 2 diabetes.
On 27 June 2012, the FDA officially approved lorcaserin for use in the treatment of obesity for adults with a BMI equal to or greater than 30 or adults with a BMI of 27 or greater who “have at least one weight-related health condition, such as high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, or high cholesterol”
Schedule of Lorcaserin / Belviq
Locations for W8MD weight loss doctors prescribing Belviq
W8MD Medical Weight Loss Centers Of America’s physicians are familiar with Belviq and other weight loss medications including Qsymia, (Phentermine, Topiramate), Adipex (Phentermine) etc. and can discuss with you if this medication might be appropriate for you.
How can W8MD Medical Weight Loss Center’s Insurance Physician Weight Loss Program in Greater Philadelphia and New York City Help?
The best part of the program is that W8MD medical weight loss centers accepts most insurances for the weight loss doctor visits.
If you have a little weight or a lot of weight to lose and want to do it without surgery, using insurance, think W8MD for weight loss.
W8MD Weight Loss Centers That Accept Insurances
W8MD also available in Union City, New Jersey at Dr Felix Roque’s office!
- No Setup Fees, Obligations orMandatory Products
- No Surgery or Procedures, Free orientation & tour
- Optional Meal Replacements, FDA approved medications
- Limited to 10 new patients/week!
- Sleep disorders and primary care available
- Accept insurances for visits at most centers
- Why pay out of pocket when insurance covers it?
- Read weight loss testimonials and reviews
- W8MD Medical Weight Loss Centers – YouTube Channel
- Call 1-800-W8MD-007 for more information.
W8MD Weight Loss Franchising
Most physicians have nothing to offer their overweight patients other than simply say“Lose Weight!” or hand out a diet sheet. This is not useful for most patients as obesity needs a more thorough and structured approach!
Physicians Be A W8MD!
If you are a physician interested in helping your obese or overweight patients lose weight safely and effectively using evidence based non-surgical weight loss methods and work with their insurance for the visits, W8MD’s physician licensing program can help.
As a Limited Time Offer, we are waiving all signup fees for the first 50 physicians that Join W8MD Network of Weight Loss Physicians. What are you waiting for? Call 1-800-W8MD-007.
Related Articles For Weight Loss
Disclaimer* The information on this website is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The results described in testimonials may not be typical.Individual results may vary. No expressed or implied warranties! Bill of Rights and Health Disclaimer
- Weight loss drug Belviq gets overdue US launch (kansascity.com)
- Belviq goes on sale June 11 (utsandiego.com)
- FDA Approves Lorcaserin and Qsymia,, First Weight Loss Drugs For Heavy Patients In Over a Decade (medicaldaily.com)
- Weight loss drug Belviq gets overdue US launch (wfaa.com)
- Weight loss drug Belviq gets overdue US launch (mercurynews.com)
- Welcome to W8MD’s Blog on Belviq Lorcaserin weight loss medication (belviq.wordpress.com)
- Cost of Belviq Lorcaserin for weight loss (belviq.wordpress.com)
- Phentermine and Topiramate for weight loss – review by W8MD (phenterminetopiramate.wordpress.com)
- Weight loss medications and supplements (freeweightlossdoctor.wordpress.com)