If you are trying to lose weight and considering a medical weight loss program, you may want to check out reviews and testimonials before making a final decision on the medical weight loss program of your choice.
As one of the very few medical weight loss and sleep wellness programs that works with insurance for weight loss physician visits with physicians trained and experienced in the new field of obesity medicine, W8MD Medical Weight Loss Centers of America’s programs are unique.
Check out the patient testimonials of W8MD Medical Weight Loss Program
You can also watch our YouTube channel that not only has a lot of useful program information but also video testimonials at
Things to consider before deciding on the best weight loss program for you.
Any successful, long-term weight loss program must focus on your overall health, not just on what you eat. Changing your lifestyle is not easy, but adopting healthy habits may help you manage your weight in the long run.
Effective weight-loss programs include ways to keep the weight off for good. These programs promote healthy behaviors that help you lose weight and that you can stick with every day.
Safe and effective weight-loss programs should include
a plan to keep the weight off over the long run
guidance on how to develop healthier eating and physical activity habits
ongoing feedback, monitoring, and support
slow and steady weight-loss goals—usually ½ to 2 pounds per week (though weight loss may be faster at the start of a program)
Some weight-loss programs may use very low-calorie diets (up to 800 calories per day) to promote rapid weight loss among people who have a lot of excess weight. This type of diet requires close medical supervision through frequent office visits and medical tests.
Questions to ask before deciding
Professionals working for weight-loss programs should be able to answer questions about the program’s features, safety, costs, and results. The following are sample questions you may want to ask.
- What does the weight-loss program include?
- Does the program offer group classes or one-on-one counseling that will help me develop healthier habits?
- Do I have to follow a specific meal plan or keep food records?
- Do I have to buy special meals or supplements?
- If the program requires special foods, can I make changes based on my likes, dislikes, and food allergies (if any)?
- Will the program help me be more physically active, follow a specific physical activity plan, or provide exercise guidelines?
- Will the program work with my lifestyle and cultural needs? Does the program provide ways to deal with such issues as social or holiday eating, changes to work schedules, lack of motivation, and injury or illness?
- Does the program include a plan to help me keep the weight off once I’ve lost weight?
What are the staff credentials?
- Who supervises the program?
- What type of weight-control certifications, education, experience, and training do the staff have?
- If it seems too good to be true…it probably is!
- Do the people involved in the program get to talk with a doctor?
- Does a doctor or other certified health professional run the program?
- Will the program’s doctor or staff work with my health care provider if needed (for example, to address how the program may affect an existing medical issue)?
- Is there ongoing input and follow-up from a health care provider to ensure my safety while I take part in the program?
- How much does the program cost?
- What is the total cost of the program?
- Are there other costs, such as membership fees, fees for weekly visits, and payments for food, meal replacements, supplements, or other products?
- Are there other fees for medical tests?
- Are there fees for a follow-up program after I lose weight?
- What results do people in the program typically have?
- How much weight does the average person lose?
- How long does the average person keep the weight off?
- Do you have written information on these results?
Tired of being overweight?
: 987 Old Eagle School Rd, Ste 712, Wayne, PA, 19087 Ph: 215-676-2334
2632 E 21st St Brooklyn New York 11235
W8MD weight loss program in New Jersey.
W8MD weight loss, sleep and medical aesthetics
140 E Evesham Rd Cherry Hill New Jersey 08003